UPDATE June 2019: PSA East Avenue is now open!
The PSA Main branch at East Avenue, Diliman is now open again! Be sure to be early because you’ll need to fall in line twice: once to get a visitor’s pass to enter the building, twice to actually submit the request, pay, and wait for your certificates. When I was there, it took me a total of 4 to 5 hours because I went in the afternoon. Bring something to read, play, or eat. It’ll be a while.
We are in dire need of Philippine Statistics Authority’s (PSA) certified copies of our birth certificates and Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) fast but we don’t want to fall asleep in line. So, this is how we found out about the fastest NSO Philippines branch (PSA).
Last month, Mark came home to attend our scheduled Marriage Preparation Seminar led by Victory in Katipunan on October 14 and 21. One of our to-dos in line with our marriage prep work is to get our birth certificates and CENOMARs (marriage license requirements). While we both were trained to withstand long lines in UP, we just don’t have the time and patience to sit, stand, and be hangry.
Fastest NSO Philippines Branch We’ve Ever Been
So we sought the help of his Mama Teddy who was able to get a copy of his birth certificate in less than an hour! Was that even possible in the Philippines??? Apparently, it is.
So, here’s how to get NSO birth certificate fast!
In a humble corner of Caloocan City Hall A. Mabini St., (South) sits comfortably the fastest NSO Philippines branch (or probably us) have ever known. We are in and out of the premises in less than 45 minutes. We got there around 3:30 in the afternoon.
So what did we do? These are the only steps:
- Get the form you need for the certificate you’re requesting for. Accomplish it!
- Fall in line for ID verification. When your IDs are good, the smiling lady will give you your queue number for the cashier.
- Next, fall in line to get a pay order form to pay for the documentary stamp that costs PHP 20 each per copy. So, if you’re applying for two copies of your birth certificate, you will pay PHP 40.
- Then, fall in line in the payment counters. There are two windows, W11 and W12. Hand-over your accomplished forms and pay order form. They will give you an OR after payment.
- After this, wait for your number to flash on the queue screen. Once up, proceed to the cashier and pay for your requested forms.
- Lastly, just wait for your name/number to be called to claim your certificates! If by any chance you finish 1-5 after their cut-off, they’ll hand-over your OR with a date and time of when you can claim your documents. So, alam na, dumating ng maaga!
Birth Certificate Rates
Just to give you an update, as of February 2018, PSA has increased processing fees for various documents. The new marriage, death, and birth certificate rates according to PSA are as follows:
- ₱155.00 per copy of birth, marriage, and death certificates
- ₱210.00 per copy of marriage certificate or certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR)
Delivery Rate Within the Philippines – PSA Serbilis
- ₱330.00 per copy for birth, marriage, and death certificates
- ₱430.00 per copy for CENOMAR
Delivery Rate to Other Countries- PSA Serbilis
- USD 20.30 per copy for birth, death and marriage certificates
- USD 25.30 per copy for CENOMAR
UPDATE JULY 2018:
The New Caloocan City Hall no longer houses the PSA nor the applications of authenticated birth certificates and other documents. The branch where most people head to now is at the Sta. Mesa Branch. Be warned, though, the waiting time could take at least a half day. Around two to three hours if you’re with a Senior Citizen.